AND MORE ON THE WEATHER

OK!  I really don't want to use this blog to talk about the weather but it's getting to be kinda ridiculous, Mr. Weatherman!! 

We, in our little area of northern New Brunswick, Canada (Campbellton, to be exact), nestled away in a beautiful valley surrounded by water and rolling hills, have just hosted our annual community Salmon Festival. I mentioned in the previous post (and my first) that I had hoped to include some photos in my next post. Well, this is what I got...  

and this - the still-in-sunglasses-positive-thoughts of a die-hard two year old and the handsome and doting dad who wouldn't let her give up :-).

And this...

 
...the puddle that had accumulated in the folding camping chair behind his blue plaid shirt in the torrential downpour and that he was now sitting in. If you're from our area, with summer weather like this at the end of June, you so KNOW that the amusement rides are in town!
 
While watching our little one take it all in in her excitement, and the kids and beauty contestants in their gowns and perfectly coiffed dos parade on by in clear plastic rain ponchos sitting atop open convertibles and parade floats still smiling from ear-to-ear, I couldn't help but remember the year I was part of a majorette marching band as a kid in that same parade.  And wearing hot pants no less, as part of our uniform. Same weather and trust me, they were anything but hot as we twirled batons and persevered in the pouring rain! 
 
But you know, being the optimist and full of hope that I am, I look forward to the sun finally rearing it's gorgeous, bright and beautiful head this July 7th morning as I look forward to my run in the sun, just as the weatherman predicted I could!  He's calling for nothing but sunshine and mid 20 temps the rest of the week...yipee!! We can finally enjoy the pool!

Ummm, not so fast!  He's now also calling for frost and 7 degrees overnight. 
 
"Bring in the potted plants! Honey, where did we stash our heat socks"?
 
And so it goes!  And the really warm summer weather?  It's the last 2 weeks of July!  
 
On that much, you can pretty much rely!

No comments:

Post a Comment