LOVE IS IN THE AIR

I found myself in quite a nostalgic mood yesterday. Joe and I were married almost 4 years ago in the Caribbean in a small ceremony on the beach, with some family at our side along with some wonderful friends. With toes in soft white sand, turquoise waters behind us, a Cuban trio playing softly as we whispered vows of 'together forever', a surreal moment was born for us and our spirits soared. Yesterday, I watched our video of our sweetest moment several times.  It's never without a tear, and the lyrics Amanda Marshall sings in the background would have it almost seeming 'Marry Me' was written just for us.

We are celebrating our love this Valentine's Day week with our little one.  We've become a bit of a three-man show these days - Joe, Lizzy and me. It seems like only yesterday tho when on the eve before Valentine's Day and before Lizzy came along, that my German husband not yet accustomed to Canadian winters and our minus 40 temps, stayed out all night. I guess I could have been upset at that had it been for any reason other than for what it was. Frozen eyelashes softly tickled my cheek waking me from my sleep at 4 am. The alarm rang at 6 again, and again, he disappeared. We are leaving our driveway as we head out for work Valentine's Day morning, and I'm told to look to my left only. "Don't looook, don't looook"...as our car turns the corner, "Okay, now you can look...Happy Valentine's Day my big, big love"...



Wow...WOW! Of course I had to stop the car.  If not for a closer look, then to avoid the snowbanks as I really couldn't see for the tears.

For sure having a little one in our lives now has changed the dynamics of our life together in many ways. Without a doubt, we will never have the time nor energy to meet the huge wonderful gifts to each other of the past in ever quite the same ways, but earlier this week, I was upset with Joe for something.  Sitting at the computer pretending to concentrate on the task at hand, a small white plate very slowly made its way across the width of my desk, stopping in front of me. What has never occurred to me before, is that a strawberry, when sliced, is the perfect shape of a heart. Among those five hearts adorning the small plate, stood a toothpick waving a tiny white paper flag, reading "I Love You"...

Much like the strawberry, I've learned with him on this incredible journey we have embarked upon in our life together and this amazing love we've shared for 10 years already, that the beauty of a truly deep and profound love can be spoken anywhere, and in the simplest and most tender of ways. There is just never a wrong way to say "I Love You"...and no matter how simple or grand the package, it's always big, and it's always enough.

Happy Valentine's Day!
__________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. HOW sweet! What a great "gift" to you....you have a "keeper"!

    Happy Spring from Houston, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always! Love you all and we send big hugs from Ottawa. XX

    ReplyDelete